Saturday, January 4, 2014

Panthers Game

       I had one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life this past Sunday [Dec. 22, 2013]  in Charlotte as I was able to attend the Panthers-Saints game.   What a blast!  It was such an exciting game.  Low-scoring, but hard-fought.   My friend wanted to leave, with five minutes to go in the game, after the Saints scored a touchdown and went ahead.  He wanted to leave again, with two minutes to go, as the Panthers decided to kick the ball away to the Saints.  Many others -WERE- leaving.  I told him, "Let's stay. I know something is going to happen.  Just believe."  I must admit, it didn't look good.  But we stayed, and what appeared to be a miracle happened. We got the ball back and scored with 23 seconds left.
 

      This picture pretty much tells the story.   This was at the end of the game, as the Panthers had just scored the go-ahead touchdown with 23 seconds left, and then the PA announcer shared the news that the Panthers were indeed going to the NFL playoffs, the first time in five years.   Everyone was pretty excited, as you can probably tell from the pic.  I hope to add a video soon.  Keep posted.   The videos are unbelievable.. the crowd noise was the loudest I've ever heard in my life!

   Thanks to Ken for allowing my best friend Fred and I to go to this game together.  We wouldn't have been able to make it without you.   I truly appreciate your generosity and kindness in giving him the tickets.  This was truly a memorable and unforgettable experience for us.  I look forward to being able to "thank you" in person sometime soon.


  Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment